Question: Write the the question you have been assigned
or the prompt you are going to answer with your essay in the box below.
About the Author: Laura Morrison is the Web Content Manager for . She earned an MBA from the Rutgers School of Business in 2010.
Butte College | 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville CA 95965 | General Information 530-895-2511
1. Determine the type, purpose, and audience of your paper.
2. Ask a question, then make the answer your thesis statement.
3. Take a stance, then ensure that it is provable.
4. State it in two parts: a clear topic and a brief summary of what you will say.
5. Limit the thesis to one or two sentences.
Disclaimer: The papers provided by serve as model papers for students and are not to be submitted
as it is. These papers are intended to be used for research and reference purposes only.