Teens essays on pain in life
COPYRIGHT 1996-2016 BY EDUCATION WORLD, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Warning Signs that require immediate action:
- Talking or writing about suicide or death
- Giving direct verbal cues , such as "I wish I were dead" and "I’m going to end it all"
- Giving less direct verbal cues , such as "You will be better off without me," "What’s the point of living?", "Soon you won’t have to worry about me," and "Who cares if I’m dead, anyway?"
- Isolating themselves from friends and family
- Expressing the belief that life is meaningless
- Giving away prized possessions
- Exhibiting a sudden and unexplained improvement in mood after being depressed or withdrawn
- Neglecting his or her appearance and hygiene
- Dropping out of school or social, athletic, and/or community activities
- Obtaining means such as a firearm or prescription medications
Children and Teens Videotapes in the Media Resources Center, UC Berkeley